Homemade pesto sauce:
2 cups fresh basil
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup olive oil
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbsp diced onion
1⁄16 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 package of Rising Moon Organic Cheese Tortelloni 8oz
½ cup grape tomatoes
¼ Pecorino Romano cheese
½ cup peas (optional)
Directions for pesto:
- Add nuts, garlic, oil, grated cheese, onion and seasoned salt to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add basil and mix until smooth.
- Prepare Tortelloni according to the directions on the package.
- When Tortelloni is done cooking return to pot.
- Add pesto sauce to the Tortelloni, toss to coat and cook over medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until pesto sauce is heated through.
- Plate and add sliced grape tomotoes and shaved Pecorino Romano cheese. (Peas optional)
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY